While instant runoff voting (IRV) has been implemented in multiple cities, voters have also repealed the voting method on multiple occations. Reasons for these repeals range from the method's complex vote transfers to generating the special (and expensive) software needed to tally the IRV ballots.
List of Cities
- Burlington, Vermont (Vermont Public Radio)
- Cary, North Carolina (WRAL TV)
- Pierce County, Washington (Washington SOS Blog)
- Aspen, Colorado (Aspen Daily News)
- Ann Arbor, Michigan (MI Green Party)